Siding is not just a pretty face! Siding helps protect the integrity of your home while enabling you to add a personal design touch with style or color. Read on to learn the ways high-quality siding can enhance your home.
The Importance of Siding
Think of high-quality siding as a superhero’s cape. It’s there to help protect your home from the villains of nature, like pests and inclement weather. Without sufficient protection, your home may be more prone to damage or decay.
The Benefits of Siding
Contrary to popular belief, siding isn’t just about aesthetics. Siding offers a myriad of practical benefits, including:
- Protection from the elements: Siding can help protect your home from harsh weather conditions, damage and rot, mold and pests.
- Energy efficiency: High-quality siding can help regulate indoor temperature while providing greater energy savings.
- Enhanced curb appeal: Siding enhances curb appeal and can complement your home’s architectural style.
- Increased resale value: Durable and low-maintenance siding can help attract potential buyers.
- Low maintenance: Who doesn’t want more time to enjoy their home? Most modern siding materials are virtually maintenance-free.
When is it Time for New Siding?
Look for telltale signs you should replace your siding. You should consider replacing your siding if you notice significant wear and tear such as cracks, warping, fading, or rotting siding. Other signs include increased energy bills, interior water damage or mold growth.
Timely siding replacements and fixes completed by a professional can save you money on repair bills in the long run. Gentek has a wide range of premium siding and cladding products, including vinyl siding, aluminum siding, and more.